FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:13 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I stayed at the JW a couple months ago and would recommend it. While it's not as posh as some other JWs, it was very, very nice. As a PM, I was given an UG to a corner room, with a pretty spacious, separate dressing area, lots of windows and ample space. The CL isn't extreme greatness, like, of instance the Detroit FS Ren Center or CVG FS, but it met the standard of a good CL.

The Ren PM is one of my favorite hotels. The rooms are funkier, with a cooler vibe. If the rate is better at the Ren, I'm there. But if the rates are equal, the JW has won my business.

The CY is a good CY, but I'd only stay there if it was a huge rate difference.

The Arts hotel is cool, but I had trouble sleeping in the room. While the design is pretty, the hotel's starkness meant I could hear people walking down the hallway at night, which woke me up a few times. Maybe I'm a little too Princess-and-the-Pea on this, but given there are other good choices in NO, why stay where the noise is bothersome? (Which is also why I won't stay in the FQ anymore, only near the FQ.)

Finally, the FS on Canal... I've had really bad rooms there, and I've had really good rooms there. If you stay there, you want to have a room in the tower closer to the river, in a room towards the end of the hall, on a high floor, with a view of the river. These rooms are larger and nicer. Unfortunately, this puts you quite a distance from the CL, IIRC. If my function is in the FS, staying there makes sense. For any other trip to NO, again, with better options available, don't stay here unless there is a big price savings to be had.