FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beijing Thanksgiving
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:59 pm
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by trueblu
Who knew there was so much pizza in BJ (well probably everyone who lives on the east side!). Just fyi, peter pan was in the competion, and lost in the first round. I'm not a huge fan of these 'restaurant war' things: a marketing ploy from the publication, but it was useful to me to see the number of non-chain pizzerias.

Re: ciro's, taste aside, the prices seem to be on a par with "the tree": no idea about portion size, however.

tb
1. I guess I overlooked that. But, seriously, if you can convince the owner to use the buffalo mozzarella and some of the nicer meets, it's a wonderful pizza.

2. I didn't mean to suggest that Ciro's is expensive in the absolute sense, just expensive for what you get. In all fairness, I'm basing this assessment on the products of a chef who no longer works there. I will give it another shot some day soon; it's just that there are so many tried and true options in the area.

Insofar as the Beijinger contests/awards are concerned, I kind of like them. What's more, I'm pretty confident that the Beijinger itself is unbiased. I attribute odd results in the restaurant awards to: 1) clueless voters; and 2) restaurants themselves rigging things.