FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2011, 9:30 pm
uchuuace

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
The Keisei Line does not go to Haneda, but the same train from the Keisei Line does go on the same tracks. From Shinbashi to Haneda, it's the Keihinkyuu Line. The train to take is the Airport Rapid (it will have an picture of an airplane on the marquee) from Shinbashi to Haneda----bypasses most of the stops.
Indeed...one thing quite unique to Japan that people might not realize is that LOTS of trains owned by completely different companies share the same tracks! So the Keisei tran starts on a track owned by Keisei Railways and since it's the same gauge, it continues onto the Keikyu track.

As I personally live close to Nippori, I do take Skyliner (it's awesome), but I still maintain that if you have time and are afraid of transfers, you hop on Keisei train bound for Haneda...and as long as it says "Haneda Airport" on it, you do NOT have to switch at all. And depending on the time of day, you might be able to catch the Express via the Sky Access Line...only 1hr, 15mins Narita Airport straight to Shimbashi. Finally, since start of the line IS Narita Airport, you can get a seat.

PS: Booked my New Year's Eve at the Gordon Ramsay! Will stay at Conrad, too!