FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:49 pm
occasionally flying professor

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by uchuuace
Love staying at the Conrad during holidays. I actually live in Tokyo, but when I have extra expiring FN certs I can't use, I end up burning 'em on Conrad Tokyo!

For people coming on a personal budget with a family, the most budget conscious is:
1) Keisei Main Line Express for Haneda Airport (direct train, 1 hour, 14 minute, 1,280 yes) -> this train goes straight to Shimbashi but seats aren't reserved.
1a) If there no upcoming train in a reasonable time bound for Haneda Airport, then take the non-express for Ueno and switch at Keisei Narita. Cost will be the same.

Enjoy!
I agree that the haneda train is a sensible non-rush hour option - another for those with more time and less cash is to take the Keisai Main Line Express to Aoto, change to the Keisai Local for Oshiage and then take the Toei Asakusa line to Shimbashi (1100 yen but 1h45m). The trains are on the same platform and the wait is not long. However, I am glad that SIA now flies into Haneda where the Monorail costs 470 yen to Hamamatsucho and then its a pleasant 15 min walk on an elevated passage east of the JR lines to the Conrad