FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to boost the immune system during frequent travel?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:44 pm
BobMV

Originally Posted by UALfromMSN
I'm going to be a bit of a contrarian here. I find that drinking enough water and getting enough sleep tend to do it for me. If I remember to get some extra vitamin C, I will.

I don't use wipes or hand sanitizer, just based on the idea that exposing myself to those germs keeps my immune system tuned up. I have exactly *zero* proof that this works, nor do I claim any, but it has worked for me.
I wanted to say the same, so QFT, though at times I can't help but disinfect when in China...
To add in my opinion is:
- NO alcohol during long flights, they screw up immune system / sleep quality and add bad calories ;-)
- warm clothes / scarf, those air planes are getting better but sometimes their temperature regulation is seriously screwed up!
- try to get some healthy food before / during the trip. The chicken wings & burgers in the terminal, massive cola servings & plane food screw with your diet balance and for sure this doesn't help your immune system.