FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Halong Bay Cruise Recommendation
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:09 pm
burmans

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
Just to follow up, we ended up going with Prince Junk. Had a good trip, plenty of kayaking, and there were only 4 people on the boat (capacity is 8). We got along well with the other 2 people so this was fine, but even if we didn't get along, it's a big enough boat (if there are 4 people). Service was outstanding, and most of the time, we were alone in the bays we were in. I would go on this boat again and I recommend them. It was a great trip, and MissKok had just flown from the US to Bangkok the night before so relaxing on a boat is a good way to get over jetlag.

Prince Junk would be outstanding for a group of 4-8 people that know each other.

The other couple payed slightly less than the $250 pp we paid, but I think they also booked a bunch of other things with their agent, so that might have contributed to their discount. YMMV.
Huge fan of Prince Junk myself, did a lot of investigation and settled on Prince Junk (or any sister ship from Indochina Junks). They go to a much less touriseted Bai Tu Long Bay (basically you head in the opposite direction but similar geography, food is just amazing as is the views and because there are much fewer boats you feel alone and there is much less pollution.