FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:53 pm
bamboola

Originally Posted by Drek82
Do either of you have any insight on the return to the airport? For a 10:45am flight is it better to just buy the roundtrip N'EX or will the Limo Bus be easier? Also, if I do go the N'EX route (which in my head seems to be the better choice due to potential traffic issues) does the CONRAD have a shuttle to Tokyo station?
No Conrad shuttle to Tokyo station. I had purchased an open return ticket on the NEX. Last night I went to Shimbashi station to exchange the voucher for a reserved seat on today's NEX. There is a JR ticket office at Shimbashi.

Today I left the Conrad 45 minutes before the Yokosuka train. It was only a short walk (escalators, plus one flight of stairs) and I ended up waiting at the platform for 25 minutes.

At Shimbashi, I put my NEX ticket into the ticket slot and it popped back out. No one checked tickets on the NEX. Upon arrival at Narita, I inserted the ticket into the slot to exit. So, it appears that one does not need a separate ticket for the short one-stop ride from Shimbashi to Tokyo station.

Enjoy!