FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:29 pm
Drek82

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by bamboola
Drek - I'm at the Conrad right now and can offer some fresh insight. If you are getting into NRT that late at night, I suggest you spend the first night at the Hilton NRT. We did that last week. Our flight landed at 4:30pm, we caught the 5:20 Hilton shuttle, and we were in bed by 6:30.

If you are arriving at Terminal 1, exit the terminal and go to Station 16 (the second set of islands from the terminal). The following morning, you will wake up early due to jet lag. Breakfast at the Hilton NRT begins at 6:30. You can get an early swim before breakfast. We caught the 8:00 am shuttle back to Terminal 2 (first stop before Terminal 1), bought our NEX/Suica combo ticket and took the 8:50 am NEX. We were at the hotel before 11:00.

http://www.hyperdia.com/

Above is a handy link to figure out the train schedule. Upon arriving at Tokyo Station, not all trains to Shimbashi leave from the same platform. Do a search and pick one that suits your schedule and where the tracks are close by.

Upon arriving at Shimbashi, follow the signs to Ginza/Shiodome. You want Exit 7,8,9,10. Stay on the right side. Eventually, you will see a sign for the Conrad on the wall on the right side. You want the Tokyo Shiodome Building. Once you reach the building, take the escalator up, turn left and you will have arrived.

I remember only one short set of stairs. Otherwise, there are escalators. Enjoy. The Conrad has a new set of bears (the autumn ones) that includes a rare yellow bear.
Thanks so much Bamboola!! that helps alot. We are actually arriving first thing in the morning 8:50AM so I'd rather head straight into town. But that website helps immensely as well as the more detailed instructions on the walk ... It looks like if I am able to get to the 9:45 N'EX, which seems plausible to me ... its the same track for my onward ... and if I miss that train, I can get on the 10:15 and the onward to Shimbashi is Track 2 so just on the other side of where we arrive ... shouldn't be a big issue sounds like ...

And thanks also for the additional details Duhey2. I will print both of your guys' posts out before departing so I can use them for reference

Do either of you have any insight on the return to the airport? For a 10:45am flight is it better to just buy the roundtrip N'EX or will the Limo Bus be easier? Also, if I do go the N'EX route (which in my head seems to be the better choice due to potential traffic issues) does the CONRAD have a shuttle to Tokyo station?

Thanks much

Drek