FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport MCI [Master Thread]
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:15 pm
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by nachoman205
Not the end of the world by no means but just could not believe what I was hearing. The guest in front of me had already checked in and was complaining that he did not recieve a room with a "FLAT" screen TV. So the fornt desk lady aopologozed and explained that all the Rooms had already been booked. But to make it up for him they would give him a suite with a REG TV. So i am thinking well as a PLAT I figured I was preassigned one of those Flat screen rooms. I got my room of course i am on the STARWOOD PREFERRED floor which we all no is not a big deal. Walk in my room and there it sits a 1985 model TV. No suite. What really bothers me is the total lack of respect given me and PLATS. Now if it was my guess with this being a AIRLINE EMPLOYEE hotel the pilots get all the nice rooms. My only issue is try and be mroe discreet and no i did not raise HECK not worth if the room was fine/clean.

Just *wood thinks that a higher floor is an upgarde and really IMO it sure is not
Where exactly what the lack of respect? I've stayed at this hotel many times and have always been treated great. Just because one did not get a suite as a Platinum does not mean you were not given respect. It is only your assumption that airline employees are getting preferred treatment over Plats. It's a Cat 1 hotel, so one should not have expectations that they will be getting a flat screen television. I've stayed at cat 5 hotels that were using tube tv's.

Most people who stay at the hotel actually prefer a 1st floor room over the SPG floor because of the easy access in and out of the hotel. SPG Gold and Plats get a free drink at the bar for each stay. Next time you should check the website or ask if a suite room is available if you feel that you have not been given an upgrade to the best available room. You can also ask to speak with the front desk manager Jason. Overall for the price, this hotel is an excellent value, only wished they had a free breakfast.