FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow - Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:50 am
xintraveller

Programs: Qantas Club, Miles & More
Angry

Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Before you all rush off to complain to any consumer authority, please just let Qantas know, via a direct email and without threat or malice, that you would like a re-instatement of the benefits previously enjoyed, both at T5 AND elsewhere in the BA lounge network.
Hi there PWOZUK,

Well unfortunately this is not the email I received, I received the following,

Qantas has an agreement with British Airways that allows Qantas Club members to access British Airways Terraces and Executive Club lounges worldwide when they are travelling onward on a Qantas or British Airways service. Read about partner lounge access by clicking on the following link: http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...lobal/en#jump1.
If BA is renaming their Terraces lounges when they go under refurbishment to Galleries and up until 2008 they didn't have a single lounge named as "galleries", in fact this is the name they chose since the opening of T5. Before Terraces it was British Airways Executive Club (which still exists in Certain locations) ...

So tell me how this is not bait and Switch? I somewhat agree that Qantas has truly nothing to do with this. However they are certainly not supporting its loyal members.

cheers