FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - to the ua employees working on thanksgiving
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 pm
FlyingNone

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by fastair
At ORD, they used to bring in turkeys, up until about 4 years ago, when the vendor shipped bad meat and we lost (not dead, just unable to work) an entire shift of workers due to illness that day. By the time they realized the root cause, the 2nd shift was not given the opportunity to be poisoned.

Since then (no word on it yet this year) they ahve been providing us a voucher to eat at the employee cafeteria. Not a ton of food (single serving, and real long lines) but it is good and appreciated.
===============

Fastair, I appreciate all your comments - giving thanks for that; you've contributed very, very interesting insight and feedback from our CSR point of view. Hope you're off, if you want to be. I'll say it again in this thread, thanks for the "thanks" from all you FTers.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
double

Does UA have any special meals for those of you working the various holidays, or is it the same food that you normally get?

Thanks for many great flights in 2011 ^ And thanks to all of the UAL & CO pilots that have contributed to FT.. I appreciate that you take time out of your long day to visit with us ^
===================
UA has catered food into our station - turkey with all the trimmings, beverages and desert. Speaking for myself I don't prefer to work. Not sure how it's done at other airports but where I work there are two sign up sheets - one for those who want to work and one for those who want to be off (unless your regular days off just happen to fall on the holiday and day before or after). Additionally, it's a paid holiday (straight time) if you are scheduled in but choose to take it off or even if it is your regular day off that week; you still get paid the straight time. You would be surprised how many people sign up to work (paid double time) , so everyone usually gets what they want (work or off). United is happy and thankful.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 22, 2011 at 5:02 am Reason: merge