FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: (Almost) Everything you wanted to know about the LUS / AA Shuttle
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:16 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by UAL250
So is there any reason I should get to DCA really early for the 8:30 flight? Like I've said a million times I need to make the SFO flight. Is there a reason or will I be fine with no delays on Black Fri? How early would I need to get to DCA for the 8:30 to make it? 7:45? Thanks again so much!
Black Friday has nothing to do with anything. What people are trying to tell you is that you are flying out of a busy and congested airport, through busy and congested airspace and into a busy and congested airport at a time of year when there is variable weather.

You can look at the on-time percentages for the flight and make your own judgment, but there is nothing you can do beyond accept the fact that there are many variables and many alternatives.

As scheduled, you have significantly more time than you will need to make your connection. But, delays happen and nobody can predict what will happen.

It's clear that you are stuck with this odd routing and that you are nervous about your connection. So, why sweat it? Take the 8:30 AM, arrive early and have a cup of coffee or buy a day pass at the UC.