FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have any of you been to a hammam?
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:51 am
alwaysinvogue

I went to one in Morocco with two girlfriends and we got to know each other on a whole new level, let me tell you! We were allowed to keep our bikini bottoms on, but were side by side for our scrubs. We could all see each other out of the corner of our eyes being flung around our massage tables thanks in pools of Argan Oil as three generously sized Moroccan ladies scrubbed every last inch of us down, including an upper leg massage that was on the verge of being an internal exam and a good kneading of the chest area. Prior to entering we were definitely at the modest end of the scale, but we felt completely dis-inhibited after it was over. We still giggle about it several years later...although we never have been so naked in such close proximity again since. I would recommend it if you can get over your embarrassment and we went crazy buying Argan Oil because our skin felt so amazing afterwards.

I've loved reading everyone else's stories, it brought back some great memories of Morocco! Thanks ladies