FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: (Almost) Everything you wanted to know about the LUS / AA Shuttle
Old Nov 20, 2011, 7:55 pm
krpjr
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by UAL250
One more question for you guys.

What's the chance of a flight from DCA-BOS being delayed on Black Friday? I don't want to miss my next flight from BOS to SFO. Are cancellations and/or delays common or only unlucky?
This is from my personal experience:

I fly DCA-BOS 4 times a month. Delays are pretty common between 1pm and 6pm flights. Lots of air traffic at that time and sometimes weather. I flew DCA-BOS on 18 November and the delay was roughly 25 minutes. I at times, opt to go back to BOS on Saturday mornings on the first flight out to avoid the mess at DCA.

Originally Posted by dcpatti
How's it different from the Delta shuttle?

Delta Shuttle routes also include ORD-LGA; the Delta shuttle is primarily serviced by E175 aircraft but some routes (LGA-BOS) are on A319. The DL A319 on the Shuttle routes, more often than not, has wi-fi service for a fee. Delta Shuttle does not have a first class cabin and does not offer pre-assigned seating. The US shuttle is a mainline flight while the DL shuttle is operated by Shuttle America. At LGA, the DL shuttle lands at the Marine Air Terminal.

[/I]
The Delta Shuttle: DCA-LGA has 6 seats in First and LGA-BOS is a A319 with 16 seats in First with open seating as you noted.

Overall, thanks for putting this together DCPatti ^!