FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New York hotel for New Year's - Priceline?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:58 am
vilde

New York hotel for New Year's - Priceline?

Hi!

Me and I friend are going to spend New Year's in New York. We are staying from the 29th of December to the 3rd of January. We are students and wanted to stay in a hostel, but most are fully booked for New Year's Eve, and our best alternative is a hostel in Williamsburg for $140 per person per night = total $1400.
I have found a hotel in the same area for around $1100, a hotel in SoHo for around $1350 and a one in the theater district for around $1350. I have read about how to use Priceline.com - name your own price, and I wonder if it might be a good option for us to try that? Do I have to wait until the end of December to get the best prices, or is it possible to get significantly lower prices even now? We don't require very high standards, and the location has to be equal to or better than NY Loft Hostel in Williamsburg.

Does anyone have an idea of what kind of deal we might get through priceline if we want to book now?