FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium rooms rewards vs standard redemption: just the facts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:36 pm
Churnman

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by lewende
Not true. There are a lot of standard awards/rooms available throughout 2012 - Twin DLX Garden Bungalow.
They just 'fixed' it recently. I, and I'm sure many others, called a while back to show them that all the rooms were called premium. Even Hilton rep didn't believe me until they looked into it and said that I was correct. So, since that time they must have corrected it and allowed just a few rooms to be 'standard'. They have a few twin garden rooms, but most rooms there are 'deluxe' and still carry the premium reward category even if they have no water view. I've been there and know what kind of bungalows they have. I'm glad they've come to their senses. About 2 months ago they showed all rooms for 2012 even way out were at least 150,000 points per night. I flipped, then called HH and they verified that it was true and would look into that. Looks like they did and fixed this. Now, some of the premium 'garden' rooms with kings are 50,000 HH and that's more like it.
I'm already booked for the summer and was glad I got it reserved with points before the point devaluation occured.