FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your Star Alliance award redemption experiences
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:15 pm
hansetang81

Programs: Star Alliance
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by killuminati
Ooh that's pretty bad. Have you made any redemptions yet? What was your itin/yq?
I just made a redemption yesterday by calling aegean, be sure to connect the Reservation dept. rather than the Miles&Bonus dept.! I redeemed a RT within Far East in C. when I talk to the M&B staff, they are really unhelpful and really poor English... And they keep telling me that they don't see any seats(in my case, with all Asiana flights) which I can actually see on the ANA website. so I tried calling several times and it seems that only the same 2 guys working that day, then I called the general reservation center and there was no problem at all! A lady with pretty good English helped me redeem the ticket and also no prob. with finding all the seats. A3 uses the Amadeus system so you can check your itin. on "checkmytrip" site easily and promptly, with all the information including the ref. code for each segment with each carrier. My itin. is PEK-ICN-HAN/ SGN-BKK-CTU. with OZ TK and TG. A3 does charge YQ and the YQ is depending on the carriers. OZ charges less than most of the SA carriers in my opinion and TG,SQ,LH charges alot! anyway you can check the YQ in your case on the ITA site. this itin. charges me 42,000 miles and about 155 euros for tax and fees. No stopovers allowed! only one connecting less than 24hrs on each way allowed!