FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I met a DL IT person thru my boss today.
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:59 pm
adamj023
Suspended

Originally Posted by davetravels
Trying to stitch together an award ticket - - keep getting . . .

"We're sorry. One or more of the flights you selected just sold out. Please search again to view and select alternate flights."

Oh, yes, this is TOP NOTCH IT!!!

When I rinse and repeat, the same flights are offered again. I select them and I continue to get . . .

"We're sorry. One or more of the flights you selected just sold out. Please search again to view and select alternate flights."

If it's sold out when I click on it, why is it still offered again, and again, and again!!!
No there is nothing wrong there. The flight really is sold out I am sorry to say. Till you select them, the system doesn't know it is sold out. Airline websites work like this.

How many people here have seen a fare then you clicked on it to say the flight is sold out or the price has changed for better or worse?

The last screen when you select is actually checking the realtime availability. Sorry but this is normal behavior. You will need to check other segments and other flights.

If the ones you are clicking on are the only ones which show up then they are sold. Check other routes and/or dates and times or airlines.

Call up Delta if you want since you can of course see if an agent somehow has more flights available that the online system won't allow bookings for. But from the system side, it is telling you it is sold out.

Last edited by adamj023; Nov 17, 2011 at 11:19 pm