FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dubai Properties Some of the Worst - Rant
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:44 pm
LovetoTravel83

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by aa767flyer
1.) Dar Al Sondos Hotel Apartments by Le Meridien – The condition of the hotel is atrocious. This hotel in no way represents a Starwood property and leaves much to be desired. I was appalled by the condition of the lobby and the rooms. This hotel which appears to have been converted from Apartments is in no way laid out or designed to be a hotel with transit visitors and should be mentioned. The room was dated without any of the standard amenities of what one expects when seeing the name Le Meridien attached, it resembled a hostel at best and did not even have in-room internet. This hotel would rank as the lowest property I have ever stayed in and I am being generous when I say this hotel would be a two star hotel by US standards if that. The only redeeming factor was the friendly from desk staff.
For 60-70 USD per night, I think it's perfect. I stayed there several times (one nighters) and had in-room internet for free.

The staff is the best I have ever encountered, 5 star hotels should be ashamed of themselves.

Originally Posted by OliverM
I thought the Dubai hotels do not participate in SPG? How can you do a mattress run?
Not all of them.