FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:23 pm
tangey

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by limelight
quick data point....

as i mentioned a few thread pages ago, i had a brg for le grand approved by ihg, refused by the hotel. i stayed about three weeks ago, paid up front - and ihg have reimbursed me as promised, without me having to even send in receipts and such.

for those outside the states: they normally issue checks in us dollars, & dispatch them from america. so the process is a little trickier (+ you have to rely on airmail, so i'm guessing more drawn-out) from other countries.

so irritating though the reimbursement process is, it does seem to be working - & when they say you'll get your money back, you can be pretty sure you will. (in my case, at least.)
An IHG rep here stated that refunds will be paid in local currency where necessary. Its going to be hard enough dealing with the fact that I'll be using a sterling credit card and paying a euro balance and thus thus be hit with around £100 in cc currency fees. IHG said they'll cover the fees. If they also have to then add in ANOTHER currency conversion to allow for a dollar cheque to be converted into sterling, well its getting ridiculous !