FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who we all are
Thread: Who we all are
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 1999, 8:34 am
boatman

I've been lurking for about three weeks now and have found the board to be very helpful and informative. This place reminds me of the forums back in the "good old days" of Compuserve. Very cozy, with just the right s/n ratio.

I live in suburban Atlanta, GA with my wife and 2 kids. I am a marketing executive with a medium sized specialty chemical manufacturer focused primarily on the pulp and paper industry. I was not a frequent traveler until about a year ago and am just now starting to learn the tricks of the trade. I now fly fairly often, maybe 60-70 legs year, mostly to areas with large concentrations of paper mills. Because of this, I fly THROUGH a lot of large hubs on my way to a final destination at some podunk junction in the hinterlands of N. America. For instance, I’ve flown to YYZ 8 or 10 time in the last three years, but it was only last month that I got to leave the airport in anything but an airplane. (What a nice town!) I love seeing the country, but hate the time away from the family. (If you click on the “info” icon above, you’ll find a link to my personal homepage where you can meet my kids and see how easy they are to miss! My interests/hobbies are pretty well covered as well.)

I’ve lived in and around ATL most of my life (26 out of 35 years) and continuously for the last 21 years. It used to be an OK place to live, but I’m tired of the traffic, the noise, the pollution, and the overall “speed of life” here. We’d move away in a heartbeat for the right opportunity.

I’m mostly a lurker now, but look forward to participating here.

Best,

JB