FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:48 pm
tom-schmitt

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
BRG Claim confirmed, but room not available...

I have a confirmed BRG claim for the IC Rome Penthouse suite , best flexible rate,
now i got an email by the hotel, that due to technical problems the penthouse suite is sold out and that they offer me the next lower room category (Executive Suite with terrace) at a discounted rate ( see email below).
So it seems that the IC Rome is not willing to adjust the rate as complimentary.
On one hand I have a valid claim on the other hand there is the IHG Booking guarantee:

Booking on PriorityClub.com is the best way to guarantee your room. If for any reason your reservation cannot be honored, Priority Club Rewards will provide you with a room and transportation to another convenient and comparable hotel. And, we’ll pay for the full cost of the first night’s lodging price, plus tax. Any advance deposit will be refunded to you.

Any suggestions how to react? Anyone of you have experience with the booking guarantee?

Here are the Emails I got from IHG and from the Hotel:

Dear XXX

Greetings from IHG’s Best Price Guarantee Support Desk. Please accept our apologies, but due to some technical difficulty, we were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night on 13 APRIL 2012 at the InterContinental De La Ville Roma.

In order to fulfill the BPG promise of providing the first night free for reservation number XXX , we will reimburse the amount you paid via check which you can expect to receive in 4 - 6 weeks. Please provide us your complete mailing address where you would like your check to be sent. Again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Sincerely,

XXX
Best Price Guarantee
Guest Relations
InterContinental Hotels Group
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXX

The reason for my call was that, unfortunately due to technical reasons the Penthouse suite you have booked for April 13/14 2012 is actually not available. We have a total of two Penthouse suites and both have been already booked for the dates of your stay. Therefore, I regret to inform you that we are unable to confirm the Penthouse suite for your stay.
However, as an alternative I have assigned our Executive suite with Terrace and city views (the next suite just below the Penthouse suite category). This suite consists of one bedroom with a corner sitting room, a large terrace with spectacular city views. Normally, the rate for this suite is Euro 1650.00 daily, 10% tax to be added.
Due to the inconvenience caused, we are pleased to confirm this suite at the daily rate of Euro 1,000.00 daily, inclusive of american buffet breakfast for two. 10% tax to be added . Please note, due to your Royal Ambassador status, we have provided a lower rate than our normal Suite with separate sitting room rate.

Rates are excluding the city tax of Euro 3.00 per person per day.

All other details remain as orginally booked.

Looking forward to receiving your acknowledgement.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Yours sincerely,
XXX

Reservation Manager