FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expansion of PreCheck Announced - Does PreCheck Change Your Mind About TSA Policies?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:46 am
jkhuggins

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
And since we don't yet have answers to my questions above, for the time being we will have to assume that non-US citizens (and possibly US citizens resident abroad) will not be part of the "widespread" application you envision. Which means that French toddlers and Australian retirees and German nuns will still be considered "UnTrusted Travelers." Why exactly should such people "merit additional screening"? How did they become "intelligence-based targets" simply by being ineligible for the TT program?
Your argument is compelling ... which is why, as I said earlier, I'm of a mixed mind regarding the whole thing. This is one of the problems of using TT to exclude non-threats instead of isolating threats; lots of people like kids and non-US passengers simply have no accessible data trail to investigate, making them more likely to be targeted for additional screening.

But I also have no alternative to present, either. So I guess I'll continue to watch the debate ... and see how TT plays out when it moves out of the "pilot" stage to actual implementation.