FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:12 pm
nachtnebel

Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
Had my first opt-out today. I guess my self-opt-out luck had to run out someday.

Walked around the metal detector (how stupid is that?). Rub was done by a nice older lady who confessed her dislike for backscatter during the process. Said they kept sending e-mails saying they were safe, which made her worried. I told her that as an MD I though she should be worried and at the very least demand a dosimeter.

She did not put her hands in my pants, maybe because I asked her if she would. She patted my hair, but refrained from running her fingers through it (lucky for her - she could have lost a finger in there). Rubbed down the rest of me rather lightly, but including at least 4 labia touches. No colar check or anything else.

Less worse than being virtually strip-searched using ionizing radiation and viewed by an unseen stranger, but still not acceptable in terms of airport security.
You could tell the person not to touch your genitals. That would back off most normal people. Or stir up the psycho ones... I know folks don't like to be confrontational, but don't let them get away with this unscathed....