FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:18 pm
TGflyergirl

Originally Posted by cardesigner2000
Just got back from a 4 night points & cash stay as a Plat. Booking showed double beds non-smoking, but requested a king size at check-in. Was offered a smoking room as the only room with a king size bed by the first clerk. Went up and straight back down because of the smell and another clerk upgraded us to a corner room with king size bed on the 46th floor! Great view of 49th and Broadway and could see the Winter Garden Theater were we had already booked tickets. Also received free wi-fi and breakfast on the 5th floor. The breakfast was pretty basic and very crowded, but it was complimentary so we can't complain. An excellent value award redemption during the NYC marathon weekend and much better Plat benefits than I have experienced at other properties^
Had an identical stay last week - 4 nights, cash and points during the marathon weekend, Plat. No upgrade (in fact, i think I had a downgrade - from a "deluxe room" as stated in my reservation to a "traditional room". No view of either the hudson nor TS).

But like you, I got free net, and free breakfast in room 506 though. Can't really complain as I needed the two double beds as I had my sisters with me.