FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:04 pm
mabramovich

Originally Posted by yoyo
Thanks. Will give it a try. Hard to believe they will comp me for a $500 night but it doesn't hurt to try it. Also I think i need to pay at booking time with CC for expedia.com (assume same for IHG?), is that an issue?
Well if you're comparing AP rates, they both need to be paid for up front, right?

I have to admit they can be strange on the cancellation policies. My friend had a claim denied because IHG had a refundable rate (they would charge your card only on check out) and he wanted to compare against a rate that would charge you right away but allowed you to cancel. In that case, the rep said IHG's deal was better since they didn't hold your money. In that case, however, the AP rate on IHG was still higher than the pay-now-but-you-can-cancel rate on the other site, so I told him to call back and switch to the AP rate and it went through. If you're comparing AP rates, you shouldn't have a problem.

And they comped my mom's $575 hotel so don't see why they won't do yours...