FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points expiring... ?
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:59 pm
bworrell

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
This is a terrible policy. A 12-month expiration date with only being able to fly or be sucked into their credit card is very uncompetitive. Just from searching this forum there seems to be a lot of upset people.

I don't think I'll be flying with them before I lose my 5726 points so I sent a complaint email. Here's what I got back:

We appreciate you reaching out to JetBlue in regards to your TrueBlue points. Please allow us this chance to provide some clarifying information.

While we truly grasp your frustration to hear that your points do have an expiration date, we hope you will consider that we had no intent to mislead you. The terms of TrueBlue state, "The expiration date of all TrueBlue Points in your TrueBlue Program account will be extended to be one year from any date you have a TrueBlue Point credited to your TrueBlue Program account if you engage in one of the following activities: (1) Using the JetBlue Card account for eligible purchases or (2) flying on a revenue JetBlue flight. Eligibility and timing are based upon the date the TrueBlue Point is credited to your TrueBlue Program account from one of the above qualifying activities."

Simply stated, new eligible TrueBlue points (earned from flying JetBlue or the JetBlue American Express card) must post to your account prior to your current points expiring. Points earned from other partners, such as: ShopTrue, car rentals, hotel reservations, Energy Plus, Netflix, and so on are only additional ways to earn TrueBlue points; however, they will not extend the expiration date of your current TrueBlue points.

When members first enrolled in TrueBlue, they are each supplied with a complete list of terms and conditions. These terms must be agreed to before enrollment can be complete. We understand that this is a lot of information and have placed this information on our website, along with in your TrueBlue account.

Brandon, we know you have many options in air travel providers and are sincerely thankful for each time you have chosen JetBlue. It would be our pleasure to continue to welcome you onboard many times in the future!

Sincerely,

M*******
TrueBlue Customer Service Crew
JetBlue Airways
Crewmember XXXXX
I'll probably transfer enough AmEx points to go ahead and take a reward flight, but this is a terrible policy.

Last edited by Seat13c; Nov 13, 2011 at 12:04 pm Reason: Removed JetBlue's Crewmember's Info