FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Duo Milan Porta Nuova, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Nov 11, 2011, 3:26 am
milesmuncher

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
They are renovating a part of the rooms right now. Available in September.
I stayed in one of the renovated rooms earlier this week, and thought it was quite nice (surprisingly so, for a Four Points actually).

Very modern decor, nicely updated bathroom, large LCD TV, in-room international plug adapter (I was traveling with my own, but it was nice to be able to charge several devices at the same time), etc. I greatly preferred my room at the Four Points over the one I had right before at the Sheraton Diana Majestic.

Other thoughts / comments:
  • Room service food was pretty poor (I know - why get room service in Milan? But I was traveling solo and trying to get some work done!), but I thought the breakfast buffet spread was actually quite good.
  • There is free wifi, but it is horrifically slow - and you need to go down to the front desk to get login credentials. They'll give you more than one if you ask, and each lasts for 24hours or 200MB download or 50MB upload. Despite the slow speeds, I blew through the downloads limit pretty quickly each time.
  • Immediate area isn't all that great, but the proximity to Centrale Station was very convenient for catching the metro, and a bus to Linate airport
  • Front desk staff was very friendly