FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expansion of PreCheck Announced - Does PreCheck Change Your Mind About TSA Policies?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:18 pm
exbayern

Why should I feel better about a program which treats a very small percentage of travellers the way that the vast majority of airline travellers are currently treated around the world? (Well, frankly there is still the human element, and I don't believe that will improve with this program, so I still think that we will continue to be treated better outside the US, even with the program in place)

As RadioGirl points out, most likely it will continue to exclude a large number of people, including those of us who have clearance higher than most FTers, but who will most likely not qualify for any such program in the US.

Forgive me for being a little cynical, but I just passed through an airport security checkpoint moments ago in the US. It is one of the largest and a major international gateway yet I was singled out for my 'furrinerness' and had a significant delay as a result of not fitting the mold that the security staff were expecting at their checkpoint.

Last edited by exbayern; Nov 10, 2011 at 7:20 pm Reason: I'm 'furrin', not 'furri'!