FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A conversation with a nonrev seatmate...
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:10 pm
Non-NonRev
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by domcharles
With all due respect, "you" don't get a bad rep b/c someone is bragging. "You" get a bad rep b/c your fellow employees who are gate agents break DELTA's policy and make up their own rules. Most of us don't need someone to brag to us ... more times than not, we are able to notice it on our own.
Couldn't agree more.

In the mid-1990s the carrier that I worked for at the time (CO) was suffering a plague of true "shena" (love that term) situations, especially at EWR (one reason that the problem was bad there was that many of the CO staff there were former PeopleExpress and Eastern workers, who apparently felt more loyalty to their cronies than to the revenue passengers who were the very reason for their jobs)

CO had implemented an automated upgrade system, however, the shena people quickly learned how to circumvent it. HQ in Houston finally got wind of what was going on, and implemented a stringent system of auditing and a no-tolerance policy - a number of GAs lost their jobs, and as if by magic, the problem went away.....

To the person who posted about the non-rev rearranging luggage in the F bins, there was a person who worked in my office who had a reputation of doing this (and generally being obnoxious on board). The person seemed nice in the office, but one day I witnessed his act, and knew it was true. It turns out that the lead FA had seen him do this previously, and she filed a complaint with the staff travel office. The employee got his flight privileges suspended for two months, with a termination warning (of his job, not just flight priveleges) if he did it again