FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 1:36 am
AirForceFlyer

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
@drbobguy - I've also checked the new arrivals section and I don't see anything that would be worth reselling.

For guys who are looking for info regarding this promotion, I can give you a quick breakdown of what you can expect.

1. Buy Galaxy Tab (or other resellable item) from Skymall for $500. With taxes and shipping, it is going to come out to $550-$570.
2. Resell it for $380-400 on eBay. Shipping will be paid for by the buyer unless you offer free shipping.
3. After around $35 of eBay and paypal fees, you get about $350.
4. Apply price match guarantees if applicable.
5. Wait for your Skymiles to post.

From my example, the out of pocket for each Galaxy Tab is $200-$220. Unless we can find a pricematch gurantee that is around $50, this round will definitely be more expensive than last. This is just an estimate of the ending price. By the time we get our orders, it is a likely possiblity that the prices would've gone down a lot more.

This is why I'm really weighing my options on this next promotion. Since I'm still sitting on the miles earned from the last one (although I'm currently planning a trip to redeem), I don't really have an immediate need for the Skymiles. Also, the CPM will be much higher this time.

Decisions, decisions.