FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAD-IST business class seats?
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:37 am
Wiley

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
What type of Business class seat does Turkish Airlines fly from IAD to IST:
It depends on the aircraft. IAD-IST is a A330-200 or A330-300 these days.

The 300 is the newer aircraft with almost flat seats...but don't put anything in the side "pocket" area...there's a huge hole behind it and whatever you put there will end up under the seat and it'll take half the flight crew to rip up your seat to retrieve it...happened to my camera and my wallet. Also, found that on at least 3 of the 4 seats that I tried, the USB power didn't work. Seat massage feature also only worked on one of the four that I tried. Also, if you like having a window, stay away from 5A and 5K (those annoying window seats where there is no window!)

The A330-200 is a little older...with the sorta tacky tan/pink/mauve color scheme. Seats are older funky pink. Not as much seat pitch as the 300, by about 70% or so. If you're in the window seat, it'll be an uncomfortable crawl over your seatmate. I'm barely 5'10" and I kept sliding down the seat and hitting the bottom of the seat in front of me.

IST lounge is great! Though it's hard to find a nice quiet spot in there and can feel somewhat like a nightclub than an airport lounge.