FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ETIHAD versus Emirates
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:13 pm
Cedar Jet

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Thanks CederJet. It appears Y introduced Onboard chefs in F from October 2011. Given that all the local, and senior staff I know at EY are ex GF, this is unsurprising!

I think EY's suite is more elegant, the f&B appears to be better by all accounts, and AUH First lounge looks rather impressive. I just discovered that they have daybeds! Looking forward to it, althought EY is taking F off AUH-CAI-AUH in January so my return will be in C for 3 hours...
EY is definately offering an ex AN and GF service in F Class.
The chef on GF F flights was just magic and I dont doubt the EY experience will be any less. GF has retained the chefs for its Falcon Gold Class thankfully. The GF lounge in BAH also had day beds/resting room which was great for those transits where timing for a hotel was just a tad short. GF were always nice and gave me hotels for even 4 hr transits at times, I think that was status based and F/full J travel with them. Not to mention the Movenpick where all F and J pax were put up was literally 3 mins away by car.

I think Hogan is doing with EY what he always wanted to do with GF except the Abu Dhabi government has 's*&^t loads' more money than the Bahraini Government. He clearly saw that and swam down the pond accordingly

CJ

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Nov 9, 2011 at 8:29 pm