FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lessons learned (or, Making plans for 2012)
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:39 pm
bevoinva

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I would just add on to point number 1 regarding start early.

It is really beneficial to also set yourself up for the Grand Slam prior to the actual GS beginning. If you need to apply for a credit card, debit card etc... do it early so that your statement will close during the period. We had lots of people waiting until the last minute having to call up and try to change statement closing dates and hoping things would go through in time.

Sign up for E-rewards, e-miles as soon as possible so you aren't scrambling around trying to get miles near the end. Accumulate E-rewards throughout the year and get money banked in your account to get your hotel points for transfer ready for the GS next year.

Something I did this year which made things easier with some merchants was to add my kids as authorized users to my credit card so they could use cards in their own name to purchase items.

I'd also like to really thank beltway for all his hard work this GS. I think one important lesson we've learned for next year is to let him run things again .