FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - March 3, 2012 - integration day for SHARES res. system.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:17 pm
cawhite

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by halls120
The CSR had indeed started SHARES training, and isn't hopeful about the transition being all that smooth. Given how poorly COdbaUA rolled out the "new and improved" boarding process, I don't see how people can honestly expect this change to go any better.

As far as the "unprofessional" comments go, to each their own. I appreciated the heads up, and will not book any flights in early March. I realize a certain percentage of CO defenders will regard this agent's advice as treasonous, but I regard it as just the opposite. I appreciate the heads up, and this makes it just a bit more likely that I'll stay with UA, as I appreciate honesty more than I do "rah, rah, we're the best" cheerleading. ^^
Likewise I've had conversations with several UA agents over the past few weeks and the message from each of them was clear: "avoid flying us the first few weeks of March if you can." These are all agents I've seen weekly for the past several years and I trust their opinions to be more than just complaining about yet another change. All of these agents have already gone through the classroom time for SHARES training and are now getting 2 or 4 hours each week at the gates to learn the system before March 2012 - they've all said it's not enough practical experience time.

After hearing several of the examples cited by them, I"ll be flying AA in March 2012. I've already gone through the conversion of CO employees trying to learn the UA system at a line station where CO has taken over the ground handling (it had been outsourced) -- after seeing the debacle that was for the first month whenever there were ANY issues with delays/cancellations/etc, I don't want to think about it on a systemwide basis with UA employees transitioning to SCARES.