FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:43 pm
IHG Service
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by BEAV
Attn IHG Care,

Thanks for your continued feedback and support.

Can you comment why IHG chose to have rate adjustments made at the local hotel level? Every other major hotel chain that I know of adjusts rates at the BRG processing level, thus eliminating and extra and time-consuming step.

I made a successful claim about 36 hours ago, but of course have yet to have the rate adjusted. Had I made a successful claim with Hyatt, Marriott, SPG, etc, 36 hours ago, we would have been finished 35 hours 59 minutes ago!
Hello Beav:

The rate adjustments must be made at the hotel level because the hotel level is responsible for inventory and rate loading. Generally, IHG doesn't have direct access into the hotel's Property Management Systems.

Additionally, the hotel's sold the rooms to the 3rd Party Site, so it's also their responsibility to ensure additional Best Price Guarantee Claims are avoided by managing their inventory and rates.

If the hotel refuses to adjust the rate, then IHG will send a check (or bank wire transfer) after the guest's departure. We recognize this is inconvenient to the guest, but IHG will deal with the hotel regarding the claim on the back-end so the guest does not have to wait for resolution.

Kevin
IHGCare