FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan Fall 2011 Trip report III: Dreamliner Boeing 787 Inaugural
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:57 pm
Carfield

Shortly after takeoff – sunset over Tokyo bay

Goodbye Haneda

One of the cool features on ANA – automatic toilet like the one you found in most Japanese restaurants, hotels and residents

Really huge in size too – two bathrooms in front of door 3 – one on each side – both handicapped and equipped with baby changing tables

Windows in the bathroom too – in Y

Automatic flush – just wand your hand – the toilet cover will automatically come down and then flush itself – really cool

Bidet system

Automatic water faucet system of course

Baby changing table

New door opening mechanism – current toilets in airplanes are either a straightforward push out or a folding system, but on 787 the door opened inward so it won’t potentially harm passerby. I can’t explain it in words so you have to experience it. I am pretty sure it is not ANA specific.

My seats – 24H and K – my neighbor left the seat as soon as the seat belt sign was off, and came back when the sign was on again. He was actually a person of size and this seat is just uncomfortable for him. He has no legroom to stretch, and the seat belt barely worked. He was crammed in and I did not blame him on leaving the seat when he can. The seat pitch is 30 to 31 inches here, and when you recline the seat, my knee hits the seat in front of me and it is not even comfortable. I will demonstrate it later on the picture, but it is difficult to see the slight recline on these seats.