FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Dallas Victory Hotel [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:33 am
justified

Programs: SPG Platinum
Thumbs down W Dallas Defeat

This is my 17th W property I've stayed at, and while there is nothing TECHNICALLY wrong with the property, it was by far one of the most disappointing W properties I've ever been to.

I booked a reservation through the platinum concierge, and was "upsold" a Marvelous Suite, and upon arrival, I was extremely disappointed. It was nothing more than 2 rooms with a pass through door - which in itself was fine I suppose. The real problem is the decor is just plain DRAB! The are dingy blue carpets that match the dingy blue couches, which are also the same color as the depressing blue walls - completely monochromatic and uninspiring.

If anyone has ever stayed at an ALOFT, you will understand where they got their style from (although ALOFT executed it better, but otherwise the materials and finishes are EXACTLY the same; same blue walls; same faux wood finish; same tiles in the bathroom; they modeled ALOFT after this W!!)

We complained about our room, and were told by several people their favorite room was the cool corner, so we were "downgraded" to that room. The cool corner was MUCH MUCH better than the marvelous suite, although after a few mins discussing our experience, we decided that we didn't want to stay. Instead of this W being a quiet retreat, it was gloomy and depressing. We didn't stay, and instead opted to check out and move to the Joule Dallas - which is an amazing place.

If you're looking for a modern clean hotel, i'm sure the W Dallas Victory is a fine place, but if you have come to expect the W to be above the bar in terms of styling and comfort, you'll be disappointed with this space, especially for the price...