FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Budget florida e-toll sunpass
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:57 am
rdanny

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver, Budget Fastbreak
The fees are not unique to Budget. Other rental car companies have similar programs. I live in Florida and never had a problem bringing my own Sunpass, just make sure to add the license plate # to your Sunpass account for the duration of your rental (make sure to take it off again once you return the vehicle).

I'd also check out their website:

Using Rental Cars in SunPass, EPASS and LeeWay Lanes
Enjoy the convenience of SunPass ONLY, EPASS ONLY and LeeWay Only lanes when renting a car, even without your SunPass transponder. When renting a vehicle, just ask your rental car agency about electronic tolling, which allows rental car customers to use the SunPass ONLY, EPASS ONLY and LeeWay lanes to bypass congestion and traffic. Participating rental car companies are listed below. So, the next time you, a friend or family member are renting a car in Florida, remember to ask about SunPass.

For more information on specific rental car programs, please contact your local rental car agency as each agency has separate programs and fees associated with electronic toll usage.

SunPass Customers:
SunPass customers using a rental vehicle may have their tolls applied to their SunPass account. Customers with SunPass Portable transponders may use their transponders in their rental vehicles. (It is strongly recommended that SunPass customers access their online SunPass accounts or contact the SunPass Customer Service Center to add the rental vehicle subscription to their account for the rental period.) Please remember to remove your transponder upon return of the vehicle.
SunPass customers that do not have their transponders in the vehicle are subject to the tolls, fees and charges set forth below and in their rental agreements.