FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:29 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Gnopps
I know I can't book a flexible rate and compare it to an advance purchase rate on a competing website. But what if ihg does not offer an ap-rate? If the flexible rate on the ihg-website IS the cheapest, can I then compare it to a 3rd party ap-rate?

I think I know the answer, just wanted to check. Thanks for your help!
No. It must have the same cancellation as IHG.
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
When comparing a IHG Flexible rate, the third party rate must have some degree of flexibility.

As long as it's not Adv.P then it should be okay.
Not true in my experiences. The cancellation policy must match.
Originally Posted by pazza2000
How much flexibility? I have found third parties in the past with with T-72 hour cancellation terms at xx% and T-24 at a greater xx% although that is not enough. For the BRG on a flex i get the impression it has to be identical terms, full cancelleable.
This is correct. That's what's so silly. You must book the lowest rate on IHG, whic may be the advance purchase, no cancellation, but you can compare it to one on a third-party site that allows cancellations.

However, you cannot compare a fully-cancellable rate on IHG to an advance purchase rate on a third-party site.