FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Tailors [PRE-2013 ARCHIVE]
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:49 am
vincentinparis

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Kjell
- I also want some shirts, around 7, both formal and casual ones. How much are the prices ranges for a shirt (I know it depends on the quality, but just give me some examples).
If you're going to have a number of shirts made anyway, and since you have the time, I'd suggest you pick two or three tailors from the list, and order a shirt from each. You'll see if if you like the way they work, if you like the service. Take your time to look at their selection of fabric, ask to see work on suits they have already made, see what feels right to you. Don't be afraid to walk out if you don't like what you find. I'd make it clear that I was shopping around for somewhere to place a bigger order - but don't get bullied into buying until you're ready.

Price range is huge, incidentally, and higher prices do not necessarily mean better workmanship or even better fabric. You can easily find cheapo places that charge 400-500B/shirt, about as easily as you can find shirts for 2000B or more. An average price would probably be around the 1000B mark.

Good luck! And let us know where you decide to go.