FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Okinawa, Japan
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2011, 12:02 am
markzz2

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Marriott-family hotels in Okinawa, Japan

Just arrived at the very attractive looking Okinawa Marriott Resort and Spa and have to say we are disappointed so far.

A lovely welcome by the staff was a good start, but then to be told we would be lucky to get into any of the restaurants last night because it was late and they were all booked up (8pm).

After a look at the rather sad and depleted buffet we decided on the chinese restaurant where we were served by very sweet but very slow staff and our three main courses was barely enough for two people, and pricey at over $100 without drinks.

This morning was beautiful at 27C and sunny but the pool is closed because "its winter"......... even at the indoor pool which has a terrace we were told we could not move the sun beds outside because it is not allowed. The beach club down the road is all but closed up and the swimming pool there is fenced off.

So the resort is pretty much closed.

The exec lounge which looks fantastic on the hotel website info, to be honest is pretty awful. Breakfast was a poor bread selection, two packets of coco pops, some bananas and an empty cut fruit bowl. A carton of orange juice in a bucket of ice and help yourself coffee. We left and went to a convenience store down the road for sustenance.

We decided to try the buffet lunch, which to be fair looked more appetising than last nights offering............. it was fine until we found a slug on the salad (I know that can happen anywhere). We quietly mentioned it, and received an apology and were told they would tell the kitchen. I then refused to pay for my partners meal, this they honoured (but should they not have offered it first?).

All in all a bit of a let down, and we have now cancelled dinner in the Hotels Japanese restaurant, for a ride around to find somewhere local, which hopefully will be better value.

Mostly though I am upset because the beautiful pool is there, basking in the sun, while I look over it wishing I could be laying poolside with a book and a drink relaxing!

Okinawa Resort and Spa......... closed for winter!

Last edited by markzz2; Nov 4, 2011 at 2:33 am