FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA remark about Flyertalk in CO/United area @ DTW
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:00 pm
miguel0881

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
I'm not overly familiar with DTW as I don't pass through there regularly, but I did witness what I found to be some disturbing TSA behavior at the DL terminal a couple of weeks ago. I was passing through security after arriving off an international flight, and I noticed that the normal TSA ID checkers were questioning the passengers about their travel. For instance, the passenger in front of me handed the agent her boarding pass and US passport, and the agent started asking her questions about where she lived. The passenger advised that she lived in Michigan, and the agent asked her if she had her Michigan driver's license with her. The passenger stated that she did not. The agent then started inquiring as to the passenger's employer, and the passenger stated the name of her employer. The agent then asked if she was travelling with an employee ID. The passenger stated that she was, and the agent smugly replied, "Let me see that." The entire scene left me very unsettled, and when I asked an agent about it, he advised that it was a new two-week old "pilot" program. Upon further research, it looks like it's called the Behavior Detection Pilot program. I'm not sure what they're up to in DTW, but it was enough to convince me that I don't want to pass through there again. Fortunately, as a UA and AA flyer, it's unlikely that I will.