FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:24 pm
blueline7

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
I cannot thank you enough for your report! I have been waiting anxiously to hear about it since I have booked my in-laws there in February.

So glad to hear that it had a wow factor and that you would not hesitate to return there.

I have a bunch of questions for you if you can manage to answer some or all!

1. In terms of mosquitos, I imagine that this changes a bit depending on the season, but 'how bad are they'? I know that this can potentially ruin a trip...

2. Does the outdoor toilet feel like an outhouse or is it a nice feature? My inlaws certainly will not be accustomed to this and am hoping that it will not be a topic that I end up hearing about on a regular basis from them.

3. How did the menu look, and were there a lot of choices including non-meat options?

4. Did you get any impressions on how they changed the facilities from the previous incarnations as Six Senses?

5. Was there any of that health-retreat vibe or activities left over from the previous incarnation?

6. What were the activities available, if any? Would 4 nights there be 'too-much?

7. Do you think a day trip or two to phuket town is manageable from the resort?

8. Were the villas updated, or newish looking inside? Would you consider them luxury or spartan?

9. How do you think this property compares to more expensive villa options on Phuket?

10. How were the other aspects of service that you encountered?

Any pics??