FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best FF Program for me?
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:36 am
Zoui21

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
Originally Posted by Santander
It's scary how young some frequent flyers are... I'm young but 15 is really young. I mean, you can't even get a credit card for free miles.

You actually need to provide more information if you're going to get accurate help. What kind of fares do you (by you, I'm assuming your parents) usually buy? Where are you based more, LON or NYC? What do you want from your FFP? Any favoured carriers you have? Any carriers you want to avoid? How many miles do you estimate flying? Is domestic lounge access important? (although keep in mind you'll likely be barred from entering the lounge alone)

Do you actually want to go to SVO or just MOW in general? (If it's the former I think a psychological examination is in order for you as well) SVO is mainly a ST hub, so unless you want to fly DL/SU specifically there is no reason to choose that as your only airport option in MOW. Actually, just by looking at the cities you want to fly to, AA/BA would probably be the best programmes for you. You'll have the benefit of an AA hub at JFK, BA hub at LHR and an S7 hub at DME. Between those 3, you can get pretty much anywhere in the world worth mentioning except for Southeast Asia and Oceania. DME also has connecting flights to Tajikistan, something I don't think SVO has.

Both AA and BA FFPs have their merits and disadvantages, no way to tell without more information which is more suitable.
Yea, I'm a pretty insane FF, I've travelled to over 25 countries in my life (34 including the countries my mom visited while pregnant). I'm a pretty special circumstance though because my dad works for the UN, so he's been to over 100 countries. He hit 400,000 miles on various airlines somewhere in the 90s.

But basically, my parents usually try to buy the cheapest options possible, so I think I need the best FFP from each alliance that suits my travelling. Tell you the truth, I'm probably looking for the potential to get upgraded the most, but I wouldn't mind a nice lounge if I can get in. I'll probably be flying 40,000-50,000 miles/ year, sometimes less sometimes more. I don't mind most carriers, but I would prefer one with a pretty new fleet, and pretty good service and seats.

I definitely am talking MOW over all, just forgot about DME. Tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan of MOW at all, but most of my family lives there so it's a necessity OT. Terminal D isn't great but definitely better than the others!

I see what you mean about BA/AA but I'll be flying on the cheapest options possible which most probably won't we Oneworld, so I should find the best option in all three Alliances. Any ideas what they would be? I was thinking AA, LH/UA, DL/SU?

By the way, another route I could potentially start flying pretty often is LON-PRG and NYC-PRG. But that will most likely be on budget airlines

Thanks for the reply