FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:31 am
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Must register Entertainment book card by Nov. 1 to use AA Dec. 15 expiry coupon

I purchased an Entertainment book many months ago. I had never used the $10 AA coupon for a flight but figured I'd save it for a flight I needed it for or post it in Coupon Connection as in the past. Now, I need the code to help a family move from another state after a difficult death. I never activated the card because I didn't have any need to - I barely use the Entertainment book at all. The AA coupon specifies on it "valid thru Dec. 15, 2011," so I figured I was good until Dec. 15. Last night, I went online to get the AA code and was told to activate my membership. As I entered in the card number to activate the membership in order to get the code, a message said that the card number was invalid. Confused, I called entertainment.com. They told me that I had to activate my card by Nov. 1 in order to take advantage of any of the travel offers valid through Dec. 15, Dec. 31, etc. Certainly, this was frustrating. After speaking to supervisors there, I am being told the same thing - I should have activated the card by Nov. 1. When I ask them where in the terms and conditions of the coupon it says that I need to activate my card by Nov. 1 to use the Dec. 15 expiration coupon, I am told it doesn't, but that I had to do it anyway. I had no idea. Clearly, had I known this, I would have done it months ago. I can get nowhere with Entertainment.com and meanwhile the fare has increased while I've been trying to get the $10 coupon to work. I am writing this to alert others who may also not have ESP and not know that you are required to activate the card before Nov. 1 to take advantage of any of the Dec expiration travel coupons. Obviously, those like me are out of luck for this year, but next year, you may want to register it as soon as you get it so you don't get stuck like I did.