FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Can you transfer points to another person? (2006 onward) [Master Thread]
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:14 pm
mgchan

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Any experience with the length of time Starwood considers "recent" when they say an address change has recently occurred?

I live with my girlfriend who hadn't kept up her mailing address for SPG for a few months, and about 2 months ago she changed the address so that it matches mine. However, when I requested a transfer so she can help with an upcoming trip, they requested proof that she lives here. Her Starwood Amex billing address is this address as well but that doesn't seem to satisfy one of their requirements:
1) Utility Bill (we have one, electric, in my name)
2) Driver's License (neither of us uses this address, we use more permanent home addresses)
3) Voter Registration (neither of us is registered); or 4)
4) Household Bill (I'm not sure how this is different from a utility bill... but I take care of all the bills)

Would simply waiting a month to do the transfer work? The trip is not for 2 months so we have a bit of time. I'm not sure that changing her address on the driver's license would be any faster, and registering to vote to do this seems silly.

Or has anyone been able to appeal and perhaps use a credit card statement instead?