FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time on Southwest
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:17 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jn in ca
One thing I couldn't find is the _return_ flight. Is it LAS-SFO on WN? If so, I would definitely pay for EBCI. To say that WN at LAS is a zoo is being kind. It's a mess. That is really the one airport I would never want to try WN w/o paying for EBCI.

EBCI is non-refundable, and you mentioned you bought WN because of no change fees. However, I think in your case, where you may be in transit at exactly 24 hours before takeoff, paying for the EBCI is worth it.
I could be wrong, but I don't think EBCI really buys you out of the airport nuttiness. It just buys you early boarding, which if you're already in Vegas at T-24 you can get easily enough anyway.

I think you need a Business Select ticket to use expedited check-in and security.

Totally agree that LAS is a zoo but there isn't a whole lot you can do about it short of buying a much more expensive ticket. I actually find that the airline process itself is sometimes okay...it's the craziness of getting a cab or getting into the rental car bus that make this such a dreadful place IMHO.