FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Excel, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:37 pm
davidw70

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Exclamation Aloft Excel, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

The hotel is open and I'm staying here at the moment on their opening week offer of GBP99 inc VAT. I've not stayed at an aloft before - so far impressed with functional, well-furnished room. Free 1Mbps wifi and Freeview channels on Philips TV, a couple of bottles of water and the (not very generous) single English tea bag for use with the kettle. As a Gold member, I've been offered a beverage in the morning from the re:fuel area.

Other thoughts: very friendly staff at bar and reception (although that might be down to the fact it is opening night and the place seems rather empty), really nice pool (beautifully warm) with sauna/steam room (not working).

To access, take the DLR to Prince Regent and there's a walk through directly to the hotel. I came from Waterloo, and it took about 30 minutes (via Jubilee line to Canning Town then change to the DLR). From a tourist perspective, there's not much around other than the exhibition centre and airport, but given the DLR is so close, this shouldn't be too much of an issue.