FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas cancels flights -anyone affected? (merged thread)
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:23 am
bjbrian

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Question Directly affected passengers - Qantas

(I think this deserves a new thread - for all people directly affected and those who may be able to help)

For me then..
I am scheduled to fly LAX back home to BNE (Via MEL) on the 30th in business, but my ticket was 'purchased' as a one way anyseat reward.

Per the rules, if I go and buy a VAustralia flight now for 6,000$ or more, will Qantas give me the 'difference' - I know from looking that Qantas seem to 'value' my ticket at around $1,200 as it was a anyseat seat for 96,000 points + paid tax, not a silly point price one.

Their site says "
International customers
Qantas will arrange accommodation, meals and transfers for you.
Full details of how to claim your reimbursement, including an online claim form will be available on qantas.com shortly. Please ensure you keep all receipts in order to make your claim.

and
Note:
Customers wishing to rebook to another carrier in the same class of travel may do so. Qantas will reimburse the difference between the cost of the customer's alternate ticket (in the same class of travel) and the value of their refunded Qantas ticket.

and
Frequent Flyer Redemption Tickets
Passengers travelling on Qantas and Qantas code share operated by Jetstar Classic Award redemption tickets are entitled to the same options and conditions as listed above.

Hmmm, so will Qantas give me back some $5000 to cover the V Australia flight so I can get home, or alternately will they cover costs of $350 + per day while I wait - 10 days would be $3500 and I still need to fly!.

Ideas?

Brian.